Shitennou
Where the senshi and shitennou find love

Home » General » Introductions » *a tentative hello*
*a tentative hello* [message #15714] Thu, 02 July 2009 23:31 Go to next message
baine is currently offline  baine
Hi everyone, I'm another forum newbie. Um, a bit shy with new people, esp. when everyone's already in a tight-knit group, so I may be more of a lurker that you don't often see.

I found out about the forums because KR mentioned the upcoming ficathon on sm_fanswap (LJ) and I was playing catch-up today (I'm behind on reading everything!).

I've always enjoyed reading about Shitennou/Senshi pairings, though I'm newer to writing them. So far, I've only written a short Mako/Neph piece for a .moon challenge (that I'd like to explore further), started an epic Ami/Zoi piece for NaNo2007 (I should start working on that again...), and have done a little bit with Minako. I'm still one of those writers who has predominantly written Usa/Mamo, though.

Hmm, I was recently updating my LJ lists and realized that in all the time I've been part of shitennou_ai, I've never had it on my viewing list, so I'd forgotten that it existed and will have to go poke my head in there (maybe...). This will be the second Shitennou-focused group that I've joined.

My favorite pairings are Ami/Zoi and Mako/Neph, though I like all four pairings. In addition, I also like Ami/Neph (PGSM only). I don't really care for the Naru/Neph relationship and pretend it never happened for the most part.

Well, I guess that's me. Hope that was enough of an intro! ^^;

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."-Peter Pan
Re: *a tentative hello* [message #15715 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 03 July 2009 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nelwynp is currently offline  nelwynp

Ficathon 2006

hooray for new people coming out of lurkdom! And a Mako/Neph fan *drags onto ship* Don't be intimidated by us, we're all very eager to have new blood around Rolling Eyes Don't forget, it's all about the skittles <3
Re: *a tentative hello* [message #15716 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 03 July 2009 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VVO1 is currently offline  VVO1

Hey, what's up?! Welcome to the board! Like WM said, don't be shy, this is not the kind of board where people will shit all over you if you say the 'wrong' thing. There is no 'wrong' thing!

Hey, if you don't mind, can you link your stories or stick them in the "New Stories" thread? (I've been meaning to make another fic rec dump in there.) I'd love to read, if that's OK!

Quote:

I don't really care for the Naru/Neph relationship and pretend it never happened for the most part.

Well damn, you're aces in my book now!!

Anyways, welcome! Post your heart out.
Re: *a tentative hello* [message #15719 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 03 July 2009 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K. Wyse is currently offline  K. Wyse

Ficathon 2006 Organizer

Duuuude, everyone needs to check out her Umino/Naru based fic over at FF.N. The Japanese authenticity is spot on. Which reminds me, baine, one of the earlier Fanswap stories about Jade and Rei on a bullet train, was that you? Because despite other people trying to go for that Japanese feeling, I felt this story captured it best.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
Re: *a tentative hello* [message #15734 is a reply to message #15719] Mon, 06 July 2009 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Willow Mae wrote on Fri, 03 July 2009 00:22

hooray for new people coming out of lurkdom! And a Mako/Neph fan *drags onto ship* Don't be intimidated by us, we're all very eager to have new blood around Rolling Eyes Don't forget, it's all about the skittles <3

But am I true Mako/Neph shipper if I can't decide whether I like them or Ami/Zoi more and split my love? *laughs*

...Skittles?

VVO1 wrote on Fri, 03 July 2009 00:41

Hey, what's up?! Welcome to the board! Like WM said, don't be shy, this is not the kind of board where people will shit all over you if you say the 'wrong' thing. There is no 'wrong' thing!

Hey, if you don't mind, can you link your stories or stick them in the "New Stories" thread? (I've been meaning to make another fic rec dump in there.) I'd love to read, if that's OK!

Quote:

I don't really care for the Naru/Neph relationship and pretend it never happened for the most part.

Well damn, you're aces in my book now!!

Anyways, welcome! Post your heart out.

Aww, thank you for the nice welcome! <3 I think you've hit the nail on the head. One reason I like to lurk (besides not knowing people) is that when I do come out to play, people like to jump down your throats. Then again, it could just be that I'm some boards where people like being mean and I should stop going to those. ^^; (But how else can I get, for example, my Broadway news...!?)

Um, I don't really have much in the way of Shitennou/Senshi right now, but sure, I can link what I have. I don't have a link to that Mako/Neph fic at the moment, but I'll dig the story up on my hard drive and give it a quick edit, then post it sometime on Tuesday afternoon since by the time I get home after work and errands and all that good stuff tomorrow, it will be late. I can bring you that link then? I think that's the only "true" S/S that I have that's postable atm. My NaNo fic isn't far enough along to post up. It's some of my best writing (I think) and I like it a lot, but I want to be a bit further along before I start posting it since I may revise the beginning, etc. And I have to find that old Mako-chan one-shot and post it, too...something about cookie dough...

Um... *looks over stories*

As We Stumble Along features Naru/Umino as main characters and Usa/Mamo as secondary main characters, but I will also have most, if not all, of the girls involved with the Shitennou by the end, though at the moment, I think that their stories are rather minor because they're not "major" characters right now. We've already heard Minako allude to Kunzite and I believe Mako-chan has mentioned Neph, though that might be a chapter I haven't posted yet (I'm three or four chapters ahead, so I don't recall...though you wouldn't guess it from my last update ^^;;;;;)

Hmm, I have some Minako pieces (no Kunz/romance, though ;_;):
Masquerade (PGSM; written for an old challenge on the now-defunct Shingetsu board), Forever Perfect (lyric-wheel swap fic for the now-defunct SMRFF mailing list), an old crack fic called The Bed, and Shades of Love, written for this year's sm_fanswap on LJ.

Hmm, I do have a piece that features Jadeite and, er, Beryl from the end of PGSM that I did for a brief challenge. It's called Decimation.

And, as much as I adore Ami with Zoi, one of my pinch hits for the sm_fanswap, What You Make of It (I'm horrible with titles, I know) featured Ami with Ryo.

Everything else I've done is Usa/Mamo, though. I think. I don't think I've forgotten anything. And a lot of the stuff I just posted links to is *old.* There's probably bad grammar and stuff all over, plus, ffnet has stripped away a lot of formatting, so it's probably a mess because I haven't gotten around to fixing a lot of it. So you might not want to read them!

(And, yay, another person who doesn't love Neph/Naru! *hearts*)

K. Wyse wrote on Fri, 03 July 2009 01:16

Duuuude, everyone needs to check out her Umino/Naru based fic over at FF.N. The Japanese authenticity is spot on. Which reminds me, baine, one of the earlier Fanswap stories about Jade and Rei on a bullet train, was that you? Because despite other people trying to go for that Japanese feeling, I felt this story captured it best.

*blushes* Aw, I'm glad you like it! I really love AWSA, but I know a lot of the readers don't. I've been writing it more for me than for anyone else (and feeling guilty about it because I can write three-four chapters of AWSA in the time it takes to write *one* chapter of my more popular fic, "Beauty in the Breakdown.). Gosh, and I haven't updated in...a year!? ^^;; My editor/beta was having a really tough time last summer and she had to drop me in the fall. I've been looking for a new editor, and I finally got in touch with the friend I'd been waiting to hear back from a couple of months ago. I sent her the latest Beauty installment, then I was going to send her some AWSA, but she hasn't emailed me back in the past month or so, so I poked at her last week. I really want to have a new chapter for each story out by the end of the summer for people like you who ARE reading it, but I don't want to send it out unedited and messy. *so sorry!!*

Also, I'm glad you appreciate the care I take with the Japanese elements. Having now lived in Japan, I find it impossible to treat stories taking place in Japan any other way. I try to be as careful as possible so that everyone can follow along, and it's nice to see someone notice that. <3 I really hate it now when I read stories and can tell that the person has no clue what they're talking about or everything is too Western or words are spelled/used wrong, etc. *pet peeve!!*

No, I didn't write the J/R fic for the swap. It was really good, though, wasn't it? I liked that fic a lot and thought the writer was on the ball with her portrayal, esp. of Rei speaking English as a second language!

Re: *a tentative hello* [message #15742 is a reply to message #15716] Mon, 06 July 2009 21:26 Go to previous message
VVO1 wrote on Fri, 03 July 2009 00:41

I just posted that Mako/Neph fic over onto ffnet. It's here. Hopefully, I can work on it some more this summer! <3

Previous Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself
Next Topic: New Kid on the Block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 20 17:22:53 EDT 2018