Shitennou
Where the senshi and shitennou find love

Home » General » Fandom » Shitennou personality
Shitennou personality [message #18316] Thu, 04 December 2014 05:38 Go to next message
blu notte is currently offline  blu notte
This is probably one of the most discussed and doubtful topic among fanfic writers. (or, at least, this is what bothers me the most since I started my first multi-chaptered fanfic in this Fandom).
How to write good fic, creating Shitennou's realistic personality?

When I thought of them, I think of the manga and the new anime, 'cause in the old anime they were totally different than their origin (the senshi too, especialy Rei, and Mamoru too were so different from manga).
They have some basic characteristic, due to Naoko Takeuchi's material collection:
- Jadeite: serious and ruthless. Typical beautiful person.
- Nephrite: emotional and intense. Proud of himself.
- Zoisite: effeminate, the youngest one, youngest-child type.
- Kunzite: the leader. Silent and calm, and frightening if angry.

This is how Naoko Takeuchi describes the Shitennou.
BUT in the manga they were brainwashed, so we see their evil counterpart. Also Mamoru were brainwashed, turning into Endo, a totally different counterpart of Mamoru.
I guess the Shitennou during the Silver Millennium were different from their evil version (the same way Mamoru/Endymion is different from Endo), even if sharing some basic characteristics of their evil versions.

I LOVE the new anime because of it:
- Jadeite, the knight of patience and harmony.
- Nephrite, the knight of intelligence and comfort.
- Zoisite, the knight of purification and healing.
- Kunzite, the knight of purity and affection.

New characteristics of their original personality and not the evil one.
How to couple patience and harmony of Jadeide with his serious and ruthless side? And so on, for every Shitennou.

Good hints to work on their personalities Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2014 05:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shitennou personality [message #18328 is a reply to message #18316] Fri, 26 December 2014 07:11 Go to previous message
K. Wyse is currently offline  K. Wyse

Ficathon 2006 Organizer

I had a bit of a laugh when I saw Kunzite as the knight of affection.

But what intrigued me was that in Episode 12 of Crystal, it hints that they're called after the gemstones as a title rather than actual character names. Like when the senshi introduce themselves e.g. Sailor Venus'

Quote:
Agent of Love and Beauty, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Venus! In the name of Love, I will punish you!

So Kunzite would be: Knight of Purity and Affection, the handsome silver-caped general Kunzite! In the name of Endymion, I will punish you!

Which by extension means, they had civilian names ... anyone remember what they were called in the musicals?

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: FICATHON 2014 SIGNUPS!!!
Next Topic: Beautiful A/Z fanart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 13 09:36:42 EST 2017