Shitennou
Where the senshi and shitennou find love

Home » Fanfiction » Fanfic Chat » Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors (ooc?)
Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15500 is a reply to message #15231] Fri, 08 May 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jecir is currently offline  Jecir
I write good ones. ^_^

This is a fun debate. I am going to throw in my two cents

I agree that...

Poor Mamo-chan is a victim of a shojo series in all respects and gets played as the lessed of coolness in all areas.

And that he is brainwashed too much.

And that his main problem is self esteem.

Poor guy needs some guy friends. Shittennou to the rescue. ::insert personal plug for "Here Without You." *^_^*::

Anyway, my theory as to why Mamoru is not powerful even though he is the Prince of the Earth and has a powerful crystal and will one day stand as Usagi's equal in Crystal Tokyo is as follows: Sailor Moon always saves the day. I have this theory (and story idea if I ever wanted to write an epic) that if Sailor Moon and the Scouts were completely taken out of the picture Mamoru would have to take his place as guardian and denfender of earth and become the perverbial badass we all know he can be. But, since Usagi is always saving the day and was sort of there first, he just happily steps back and allows her to shine because of his eternal love and devotion to her. That's my thoughts on the issue.

Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15640 is a reply to message #15500] Sat, 13 June 2009 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K. Wyse is currently offline  K. Wyse

Ficathon 2006 Organizer

Jecir wrote on Sat, 09 May 2009 03:22

Anyway, my theory as to why Mamoru is not powerful <...> if Sailor Moon and the Scouts were completely taken out of the picture Mamoru would have to take his place as guardian and denfender of earth and become the perverbial badass we all know he can be.

We so need a comm round robin with this. Does anyone know of a strategy for author corroboration that'll make the fic feel like it was written by one person? And then we need to post this up on the Shitennou.com library (b/c we are that cool).

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15645 is a reply to message #15231] Sat, 13 June 2009 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roses Ablaze is currently offline  Roses Ablaze

Collaborate on a very detailed outline first, have everyone write a certain number of scenes, then find a kickass beta that can edit people's writing styles to make them look the same (relatively speaking)? IDK, I've never done a collaboration before...
Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15646 is a reply to message #15231] Sat, 13 June 2009 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ninx is currently offline  Ninx
I've done the co-authoring thing a coupla times, and it depends on the way you go at it. Other writers can be really good at picking up threads, so sometimes you don't need that outline beforehand. A really good beta to smooth out the lumps at the end IS needed. It's why anthologies and volumes of academic essays have kick-ass editors riding herd. I dunno if you can kill all the individuality, but I've reread some of the stuff I've co-authored and it can be surprisingly hard to find the co-author cracks, even if you wrote it.

But yes, beta beta beta.
Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15651 is a reply to message #15646] Sat, 13 June 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spirit-hime is currently offline  Spirit-hime

I like outlines, or at least having a rough goal in mind, when I collaborate with people. It tends to make me feel more comfortable with pushing things forward and prevents the usual trap of allowing things to lag because nobody is sure what to do next.

Quote:

I write good ones. ^_^

o ok, WHERE ARE THEY? Surprised
Re: Mamoru vs. Endymion vs. canon vs. fanon vs. Authors [message #15654 is a reply to message #15231] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:45 Go to previous message
Jecir is currently offline  Jecir
Where are they?

on my ff.net profile. Go there and search "Jecir" and I will come up. ^_^ I wrote a story alled "Here without you" all about Mamoru and his Generals and I think it's good.
Previous Topic: Looking for old stories!
Next Topic: AUs and ARs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 01 11:53:52 EDT 2014